Hi everyone! I never thought I would “vlog” on here, but lo and behold.. here I am! Today I have a fun and light video to share with you. Julia from Lord Still Loves Me recently posted her own Accent Tag on her blog. It looked like fun to do, so I thought why not!
I think it is incredibly fascinating that almost every country in the world has different dialects or phrases based on their area. Multiply languages and different dialects around the world and you have a ton of different phrases and sayings. woah.
Repeat the following words out loud-
aunt, route, root, wash, oil, theater, iron, salmon, caramel, fire milk, bag, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught
Answer the following questions-
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the name of the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Feel free to comment below on how you answered the question. Or better.. make a video! I would love to see it so make sure to put your link to the video down in the comments.
Goodbye/See ya/So long,